I’m a day late with this post having gone AWOL over the weekend. I didn’t blog at all! Naughty me… But I’m back now and determined to do better. Here’s how I did on last week’s goals.
The habits I’ve been trying to build so far are:
- Go to bed on time (make it smarter – be in bed by 21:15 every day)
- My fall asleep hour (which is of course not the same thing as the time which I go to bed) continues to be a bit later than I would like, but it has improved compared to the previous week.
- Get up on time (make it smarter – get up with the first alarm, no snoozing)
- I experiment with shifting my alarms closer to the time when I usually get up in an effort to prevent the snoozing. It did not work. I ended up staying in bed an extra 10ish minutes each (workday) morning. I’ve moved it back. I feel like this challenge/habit is at a bit of a stale mate…
- Work before play (make it smarter – complete task list before doing ‘for fun’ things)
- I took a bit of unplanned time off over the last week. Though I hadn’t intended it, it was probably a good idea to help me refresh and reset. Back on track for this new week though (please!)
- Communicate more (make it smarter – communicate via text, email, Skype or letter with at least one person every day)
- Still need to reply to the letter I got. I think I have a Facebook message to reply to. And I need to sort Skyping as well!
- Get ahead, stay ahead (make it smarter – be consistently two days ahead on card making and blogging)
- I’m not ahead, but I’m getting myself back on track, which is a start.
- Get fitter (make it smarter – do one workout every non-work day)
- Haven’t done this week.
Habits to add:
- Focus on the Positive
- I’ve noticed that I’m struggling with a lot of these challenges lately and not making progress. So to counter that, I’m going to add a check-in each week where I talk about what has gone well. This isn’t a goal as such, just to allow me to remind myself of what I’ve succeeded at. Today for example, I made granola, cooked a proper meal (with husband), made a quick card, went to the shop, prepared enough lunches to last me until the end of next week, did laundry, paid the rent, worked on my citizenship application, and emailed a couple of potential study places. That’s actually quite a lot of productivity!
- Colour daily (make it smarter – work on my colouring planner during my work break in order to complete one colouring page a week)
- I think I only coloured on Monday… Disgraceful. I’ll try to get caught up this week. (Might be difficult – today was a day off so I didn’t colour today either!)
- Read on weekdays (make it smarter – read whilst commuting to and from work in order to complete one book every 14 days)
- Technically I did do this… But I was reading fanfic on my phone rather than reading the book I’m working on. It’s still reading yes, but it doesn’t get me any closer to my reading goal. It also interfered with my colouring goal (because I read instead of colouring) and has got me even more behind on the YouTube crafting videos I follow. I am gently banning myself from reading on my phone, and hopefully that will help me to get back on track.
- Brush Lola’s teeth (make it smarter – brush Lola’s teeth every morning)
- Another not so successful week here. I know I did them on Sunday, but otherwise I really can’t remember if I did them any other day… Checking ToDoist I apparently did them Monday, Wednesday and Thursday too. Which is actually not as bad as I had thought!