Another week gone and progress continues to be… not quite where I want it. I have only myself to blame, admittedly. I set these goals, I ought to try and work on them!
The habits I’ve been trying to build so far are:
- Go to bed on time (make it smarter – be in bed by 21:15 every day)
- The trend actually is starting to go in the right direction now, but I’ve still had several days not go so well.
- Get up on time (make it smarter – get up with the first alarm, no snoozing)
- I’m still getting up at about 6. Which is acceptable, but not the 5:30 that my alarm is. I’m still debating whether I should just shift my alarms to be at 6. That way I get more restful rest for the part that I usually snooze anyway, and hopefully can train myself to get up with the alarm. But I’m worried that I’ll then want to snooze for half an hour anyway and end up not having enough time to get ready in the morning!
- Work before play (make it smarter – complete task list before doing ‘for fun’ things)
- There were actually a few days recently that I managed this, to an extent. Anxiety has not been helping though. I guess there has been progress of a sort.
- Communicate more (make it smarter – communicate via text, email, Skype or letter with at least one person every day)
- I’ve not been initiating much, but I have kept up with things a bit better. I do have a letter that I received on Friday that I need to reply to.
- Get ahead, stay ahead (make it smarter – be consistently two days ahead on card making and blogging)
- Not ahead. Arguably behind. I haven’t made a card in days. I don’t have any photos waiting for photo posts.
- Get fitter (make it smarter – do one workout every non-work day)
- Haven’t done this week.
Habits to add:
- None this week.
- Colour daily (make it smarter – work on my colouring planner during my work break in order to complete one colouring page a week)
- I skipped Friday and so didn’t finish my colouring page. Will try to do so tomorrow.
- Read on weekdays (make it smarter – read whilst commuting to and from work in order to complete one book every 14 days)
- Did so. This book is a bit slower going than some of those I’ve been reading for this challenge. I’m still ahead of schedule, but I probably won’t be done with this one before the books I ordered arrived. Which is slightly annoying. I guess it might provide me with an incentive to try and read more, though I don’t really have a lot of spare time for reading!
- Brush Lola’s teeth (make it smarter – brush Lola’s teeth every morning)
- I actually missed several days this week. If I don’t do better in the coming week then I may have to return this to the active list… Hopefully saying that will be a good incentive, because I’d really prefer not to unshelve anything!