Another week gone. This one has been up and down at times. It started with a day off and a trip to the vet, and has ended with a fun and relaxed Sunday. Not bad over all, I’ll admit. And as for progress on my challenges…
The habits I’ve been trying to build so far are:
- Go to bed on time (make it smarter – be in bed by 21:15 every day)
- My sleep tracker shows that my average fall asleep hour is getting later. I know that’s not quite the same as my going to bed time (because some days I fall asleep quicker than others) but it still shows that I seem to be going in the wrong direction with this!
- Get up on time (make it smarter – get up with the first alarm, no snoozing)
- Weekends are going spectacularly and indeed I’ve managed to get up before the alarms even go off. Weekdays not so well. Maybe 6:30 is just a more comfortable wake-up time for me. Unfortunately I’m still going to have to fight myself over this because I have to be up by six to be able to get to work on time without the morning being a rush.
- Work before play (make it smarter – complete task list before doing ‘for fun’ things)
- As with last week – some days yes, some days no. Probably more “no” than I would like. Part of the problem is probably that I give myself “reward” breaks, which basically means I stop doing the productive things and never go back to them…
- Communicate more (make it smarter – communicate via text, email, Skype or letter with at least one person every day)
- Still have that one email to reply to… Received a letter this week so I need to reply to that. Otherwise going well I think.
- Get ahead, stay ahead (make it smarter – be consistently two days ahead on card making and blogging)
- I got two cards written last week, and addressed them today for husband to take to the post for me tomorrow. I cleared out my email inboxes and replied to a couple of blog readers who had contacted me a couple of weeks ago… I had no idea until I was doing the clear out! And I still haven’t replied to the email from my previous employer… Doh!
- No chocolate (make it smarter – don’t consume any chocolate for the entirety of Lent)
- See today’s Thought of the Day.
Habits to add:
- None this week.
- Colour daily (make it smarter – work on my colouring planner during my work break in order to complete one colouring page a week)
- I did colour every week day. I did finish last week’s page. I didn’t quite finish this week’s.
- Read on weekdays (make it smarter – read whilst commuting to and from work in order to complete one book every 14 days)
- I’m really enjoying reading on my commute. I’m about half way through my current book (a particularly hefty one, at least compared to the others I’ve read so far this year). Goodreads still says I am 3 books ahead of schedule.
- Brush Lola’s teeth (make it smarter – brush Lola’s teeth every morning)
- Today was the only day I didn’t. She still doesn’t enjoy it much, though she’s happy enough to lick the toothpaste off of the brush. If I remember correctly it is supposed to be chicken flavoured. Oh, and I was thinking that maybe we should get her a smaller brush… The one I use isn’t big exactly, but she’s rather petite, so maybe if we can find a smaller one that would be better.