Can you believe we’re heading to the end of March already? I was telling husband recently that I could’ve sworn 2016 only started a couple of weeks ago. Not sure where all the time has gone! That seems a common theme recently, if I’m honest. There’s not enough hours in the day, and I don’t seem to be managing to fit everything in. Perhaps I need a break, though I did just have one!
The habits I’ve been trying to build so far are:
- Go to bed on time (make it smarter – be in bed by 21:15 every day)
- I think I actually did worse this week – my sleep tracker seems to be showing that I was mostly going to bed around 22:00. At least I was a bit more consistent and didn’t end up going to bed ridiculously late on non-work nights.
- Get up on time (make it smarter – get up with the first alarm, no snoozing)
- Snoozing is happening still. This Thursday is going to be a bit of a test as I have to be at work at 7, which means my usual “alarm goes of at 5:30 and I get up at 6:00” is not going to cut it…
- Work before play (make it smarter – complete task list before doing ‘for fun’ things)
- Communicate more (make it smarter – communicate via text, email, Skype or letter with at least one person every day)
- I caught up on all the messages I needed to reply to, and even sent an extra one. I got one of the letters written that I needed to do. I haven’t reconnected with anyone yet. For the coming week, I’ve put everything I need for replying to a letter in my planner so hopefully I’ll get that done in a timely manner. And maybe I’ll get the courage to contact one of the people I want to reconnect with.
- Get ahead, stay ahead (make it smarter – be consistently two days ahead on card making and blogging)
- No photos, no cards… Actually I’ve been feeling really bad because I’ve been doing an awful job of keeping up with card making this month. I’m not optimistic about catching up this coming week either, as I have a fair few long days.
- No chocolate (make it smarter – don’t consume any chocolate for the entirety of Lent)
- Managing. Although I’m giving into my desire of chocolate by buying it for later… My favourite chocolate ice cream was on offer, so we bought that and it’s waiting in the freezer. A particular chocolate I like (that’s only available around easter) was on offer, so they’re waiting in the pantry along with a big tub of mini eggs that was on offer… But I haven’t eaten any, so that counts as a win, right?!
Habits to add:
- None this week.
- Colour daily (make it smarter – work on my colouring planner during my work break in order to complete one colouring page a week)
- Didn’t do it every day, didn’t finish my page for the week. Ugh. I’ll catch up on it this coming week and hopefully get back on track.
- Read on weekdays (make it smarter – read whilst commuting to and from work in order to complete one book every 14 days)
- I read every day that I worked, and I finished my book. That means I am still ahead of schedule for my reading challenge. I haven’t yet picked out a book to take with me tomorrow though..!
- Brush Lola’s teeth (make it smarter – brush Lola’s teeth every morning)
- Managed every weekday. Haven’t done at the weekend.