Another week over. I feel like I’m constantly busy and yet never seem to have the results to show for it! The current in-progress habits still do seem to be at a bit of a standstill. Progress is minimal. But I suppose it’s better than nothing!
The habits I’ve been trying to build so far are:
- Go to bed on time (make it smarter – be in bed by 21:15 every day)
- I managed to be in bed before 22:00 most days. Last night being the biggest exception… Progress on this (and the getting up) is very slow.
- Get up on time (make it smarter – get up with the first alarm, no snoozing)
- I have still been snoozing… Although yesterday morning I was actually up before any alarms!
- Work before play (make it smarter – complete task list before doing ‘for fun’ things)
- I do think I am gradually improving. But still not great.
- Communicate more (make it smarter – communicate via text, email, Skype or letter with at least one person every day)
- I think I’ve taken a step back on this. I know I have a couple of messages waiting to read and reply to, and at least two letters to write, and I should be making contact with other people, but I’m not. I don’t even know why I’m not.
- Get ahead, stay ahead (make it smarter – be consistently two days ahead on card making and blogging)
- I’m definitely not ahead… I do have a photo ready for tomorrow. But I’m not ahead on cards or anything.
- No chocolate (make it smarter – don’t consume any chocolate for the entirety of Lent)
- At the beginning this was unexpectedly difficult. I have drunk hot chocolate a couple of times (husband tells me it doesn’t count as eating chocolate, but it still feels like cheating…) The last few days have been a bit easier. I am optimistic that I will manage from this point onwards. This challenge will continue to be an active challenge until Lent ends, at which point it will be removed rather than shelved.
Habits to add:
- None this week.
- Colour daily (make it smarter – work on my colouring planner during my work break in order to complete one colouring page a week)
- I didn’t do every day, but did more or less finish the picture during my workdays, and then the last little bit today.
- Read on weekdays (make it smarter – read whilst commuting to and from work in order to complete one book every 14 days)
- I finished my book on Wednesday. And then I forgot to chose a new one to take with me… I’m still ahead of schedule for my year long reading challenge.
- Brush Lola’s teeth (make it smarter – brush Lola’s teeth every morning)
- Managed every weekday. Haven’t done at the weekend.