I didn’t manage to get a wrap-up post done last week as I was unwell, so today is a two-for-one! I do feel like I’ve got into a bit of a rut, and am now stuck on habits that I’m having trouble progressing. The ones that have been shelved do continue to go well though. I suppose I should try and concentrate on the positives and let the rest come as it does… Anyway, read on to see how it’s all going!
The habits I’ve been trying to build so far are:
- Go to bed on time (make it smarter – be in bed by 21:15 every day)
- I’m still in that place where I’m gradually improving but at the same time feeling like I don’t have a lot of success. My average fall asleep hour is hovering around 22:00 which isn’t too bad all things considered – if I expect to take about 30 minutes on average to fall asleep, then that isn’t too much later than my goal bed time would give. I would like to bring it a little earlier though if I can.
- Get up on time (make it smarter – get up with the first alarm, no snoozing)
- Funnily enough, despite the fact that I consider myself a night owl, my sleep app tells me I’m a morning lark. Most likely because I have to get up early to be able to get to work on time… I don’t think I’ve improved all that much on this one. Still snoozing more than I ought too.
- Work before play (make it smarter – complete task list before doing ‘for fun’ things)
- Not happening. I think I’ve actually gone backwards on this one. Need to step it up.
- Communicate more (make it smarter – communicate via text, email, Skype or letter with at least one person every day)
- As above. I feel I’ve regressed. There’s several letters I’ve been meaning to write for the past couple of weeks and just haven’t started on. Need to do better.
- Get ahead, stay ahead (make it smarter – be consistently two days ahead on card making and blogging)
- I was a little ahead, now I’m not. To be fair, being ill didn’t really help much! Hopefully now that I’m more or less better I can improve a bit.
Habits to add:
- No chocolate (make it smarter – don’t consume any chocolate for the entirety of Lent)
- This shouldn’t be too difficult. I’m a chocoholic, yes, but I’ve given up chocolate for Lent before. That said though, I did have an oops yesterday though, when I completely blanked on the fact that I wasn’t meant to be having chocolate!
- Colour daily (make it smarter – work on my colouring planner during my work break in order to complete one colouring page a week)
- The above picture is week 8’s. I coloured every day as required. Week 9 wasn’t such a success. I only worked two days this week, what with being ill, and the colouring page was a particularly fiddly one so I just didn’t have time to finish it. I think I’ll move on anyway and keep working on each week’s page at the right time, and dip back to finish week 9 as and when I have the chance.
- Read on weekdays (make it smarter – read whilst commuting to and from work in order to complete one book every 14 days)
- In week 8 I finished a book, which put me ahead. Which is good because, again, being ill interrupted the flow of this habit. I think I’m still on target to finish the current book within 14 days though, which means I will continue to be ahead of schedule.
- Brush Lola’s teeth (make it smarter – brush Lola’s teeth every morning)
- I neglected this a bit when I was ill, but other than that have done every day. I even brushed her teeth this morning, where I’ve usually skipped it on Sundays!