I could be a pretty good housewife.
I was off work ill Monday and Tuesday, and my employees suggested I also be off today to make sure I’m fully recovered. (Sensible, as when I was ill before Christmas I was too eager to get back to work and ended up making myself ill for longer…)
As I was feeling much (though not entirely) better today I decided to try and use my time productively. I made myself a list of things I should get done, and I actually managed to do most of it!
- Emptied the dishwasher
- Reloaded the dishwasher
- Washed dishes (hand washing)
- Folded and put away laundry
- Set chickpeas to soak
- Meal planned for the rest of the week
- Made a shopping list (husband shopped on his way home)
- Emptied the dishwasher again
- More hand washing
- Made vanilla almond cereal puffs
- Made cupcakes
- Roasted garlic
- Loaded the dishwasher again
- Drained and cooked the chickpeas
- Made dinner
- Made whipped coconut cream icing for the cupcakes
That’s quite a lot of things, and I have a feeling I missed a couple. I’m pretty please with how I did.
On the other hand, I didn’t:
- Make pineapple sorbet
- Make rice porridge
- Do the rest of the hand washing
- Not injure myself…
- Make hummus
- Freeze the onions
- Make a card
- Get dressed before midday
- Have a shower
But, y’know… You win some, you lose some.
I rather enjoyed being all homely. I’d love to be a housewife. Mentioned it to husband and we’re actually in agreement that, if it is financially viable to do so, I could be a housewife. Yay!