This week was a bit of a busy one. I had a day off on Friday, and as a result the days I was at work were a bit longer than the norm. And I tried to spend a lot of time with husband on Friday and Saturday as Saturday was his birthday and the whole point was to be together, rather than working on my own things. In any case, I do feel that the week went well. Shall we go through it?
The habits I’ve been trying to build so far are:
- Go to bed on time (make it smarter – be in bed by 21:15 every day)
- On Tuesday I was in bed at exactly 21:!5. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday were about half past.The weekend days were a bit later – nearly ten on Friday night, and closer to midnight yesterday. I reckon I’ll be on time-ish tonight (depending how getting these blogs finished goes!) Not perfect, but overall I’ve done pretty well.
- Get up on time (make it smarter – get up with the first alarm, no snoozing)
- I haven’t been not snoozing… But I have been snoozing less, which I guess is a start. I would count this as a partial success, I think, because I am getting better at getting up.
- Work before play (make it smarter – complete task list before doing ‘for fun’ things)
- Similarly to the previous one, this is a yes-and-no one. I’ve been getting better at it, but am no means perfect. And of course when I do a ‘fun’ thing it ends up eating hours of my time without me realising it, and then I am delayed getting things done, and I end up either postponing the tasks or staying up later to get them done… evenings before non-work days are the worst for this.
- Communicate more (make it smarter – communicate via text, email, Skype or letter with at least one person every day)
- I haven’t been doing as well at this as I would like. I did get one letter written (which will be posted tomorrow.) I have picked out the cards for two more, but haven’t written them yet. I know I have two other pen pals I want to write too. Likewise I have been planning on contacting old friends to try and initiate contact. I think part of the reason I’m having trouble with this habit is because I’m a bit nervous about that. These are friends I used to be close to but haven’t really been in contact with since we left school. I guess I’m concerned about their reactions… But likely the worse that can happen is they’ll say they don’t want to exchange letters. And then basically nothing will have changed. So nothing to worry about, right? There’s five people I’m thinking of contacting for this. Maybe I should take it easy on myself and just try to contact one of them this week…
- Get ahead, stay ahead (make it smarter – be consistently two days ahead on card making and blogging)
- Ha, no. I do have photos ready for the photo-a-day, which will last me until Friday. I was a day ahead with cards this time last week, but then one card ended up particularly time consuming and I ended up not being a day ahead any more, so I’m certainly not two days ahead. But I’ll keep working at it. I feel like this is a very important one.
Habits to add:
- I won’t add any more this week. I think I have enough to be working on at the moment.
- Colour daily (make it smarter – work on my colouring planner during my work break in order to complete one colouring page a week)
- Yup. Actually I did most of it on Monday, and then a little bit here and there on my other work days. I also did a little colouring for some of the cards I made.
- Read on weekdays (make it smarter – read whilst commuting to and from work in order to complete one book every 14 days)
- Committing to reading on the commute was definitely a good thing! As of Thursday I was slightly ahead of schedule with my reading. Then I decided to read when I was home too, and ended up finishing my book. That’s a little over a week ahead of schedule! I started my next book too and am already a good way through that so I expect I’ll have that finished by the end of this coming week, putting me even further ahead of schedule. Hurray! The problem then is what book to read next, because I’ll have reached the end of the ones I’d planned on reading.
- Brush Lola’s teeth (make it smarter – brush Lola’s teeth every morning)
- I only missed this morning, and there were some exceptional circumstances that led to that. Otherwise I have done every day.