It takes time to save time.
Since I ran out of pre-made card bases I have had to cut, score and fold my own each time I make a card. I kept thinking that I should make some ahead of time to be prepared, but never got around to doing it.
Until today that is! I went through my box/basket full of paper and card, and picked out all the sheets of big, coloured card stock. I also took a few A4 sheets that were heavy enough weight too. I then went through the process of trimming all the sheets down to A4 with my paper trimmer, scoring them down the centre, then cutting them into two cards per A4 sheet. Took me about 20 minutes to do it all assembly line style, and I ended up with 60 card bases! That should last me a while.
I still don’t have white card bases though so the majority of the cards over the next few weeks will most likely be colourful. I did make a couple of card bases from the white glitter card though, and there are some off-white ones too. But mostly colourful!
Doing this should speed up the process of making each card, at least a little. Now I don’t have to go through my box to hunt out suitable card, then trim, score and fold each time I need a card base. They’re all ready. And I plan to store them arranged by colour which should make it even easier to choose!
Now if I could just work out how to organise and store my stamps and dies, that’d make my life easier too…!